Friday, November 11, 2011

Muscle pull in lower back

Everything is so high above me!


Recently we've lowered down her playpen & crib to the bottom level, for safety purpose as she's started pulling herself up already.

We decorate the playpen with her favourite toys, distract her when we put her down. She fusses a little but got used to it really fast & started exploring her new little world :)

Now the challenge is for us to lift her up. By bending all the way down all the time to pick up a 9kg is gonna take a toll on our back. It doesn't help that me & my mom are already unfit & having a weak back muscle.

For the crib at night is even tougher for me, as we used to wear her to sleep, bend over to lay her down into the crib & slowly pull ourselves out from the sling. Now it's impossible to do that. So we put her down onto our bed & then transfer her to the crib, which risking her waking up. Putting her down gently & slowly also required much strength from the back.

My worry came true. When I'm getting her ready for bed, I lifted her up from mom, at that very moment it hurts, & I pulled my back. Later on I found out I couldn't even bend down or minor stretch. I've pulled my muscle.

What's next? Appointment with a sinseh for some tui-na or orthopedist for some painkiller jab?

No comments:

Post a Comment