Monday, September 24, 2012

Medela Service Center

That's a breastfed baby! :)

I'm always proud of myself and Darling that we made the breastfeeding journey through her 18months of age, and still going strong. Though I'm struggling with low supply of late. In the dilemma of supplementing other milk for her. Feeling bad that I'm not providing enough for her needs. Loads of complicated emotions adding into the frustrations.

I'm using one of the best breast pump in the world, Medela Freestyle. It's been so great battling with me through the hardest times. Such a wonderful gift from Hubs. But recently I'm having a bit of problem with the pump. The battery just not charging. Problem starts surfacing right after the 1year warranty over.

Yesterday finally paid a visit to the Medela Service Center in Ampang. After a general diagnosis, it's concluded that the machine is not communicating with the battery. So my only choice is to send it for repair, pray hard that it won't cost me a bomb. Paid RM500 (!!!) for deposit to get a loan unit until my machine is back.

Managed to speak to the service staff for some advice on boosting milk supply. She recommended to take fenugreek, the actual seed instead of powder, since I'm having trouble swallowing the mixed powder drink. About 10-20 seeds, wash, soak in hot water, chew the seed and drink the water. Twice a day. Alright I'm gonna give it a try.

She also mentioned that I should be pumping not more than 3hours interval. Each pump I'll use the massage mode for at least 6mins before going into the pumping mode. Massage helps open the milk ducts and stimulate the let down. By doin that I should be getting more milk than usual. Really?? Why didn't anyone tell me that special technique when I bought the pump?! Well I guess it's better late than never. Tried that for my next pumping session, it seems working well!

Medela Service Center
Lot B2-G Jalan Selaman 1
Dataran Palma Off Jalan Ampang
68000 Ampang
Selangor Darul Ehsan
Tel:  603-4270 1128
Fax: 603-4270 6451
cs.ampang@lacta-equip.com(
Mon-Fri: 10am - 7pm
Sat: 10am - 2pm
Sun & Public Holidays: Closed

8 comments:

  1. Looks like im facing d same problem. using it almost 9mths, i bought it during 7th mths pregnancy. i bought it in US, now i'm in malaysia. do you know whether Medela SC Malaysia can service it too. so, how was your BP? did they replace you a new one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nadia,
      yup they called within a week to inform that the repair fees is RM120, turned out to be the battery housing faulty. So I said go ahead. And the next few days I went to collect my unit and returned the loan unit with my deposit back.
      Do go to the Ampang branch, the service person is friendly, and they did a good job repairing my BP.
      As for the Bangsar branch which I've heard lots of complaints about the service attitude issues, though I didn't actually visited the branch personally.
      Let me know how it goes?

      Delete
    2. My name is Ahmad Asnul Brunei, I contacted Mr Osman Loan Firm for a business loan amount of $250,000, Then i was told about the step of approving my requested loan amount, after taking the risk again because i was so much desperate of setting up a business to my greatest surprise, the loan amount was credited to my bank account within 24 banking hours without any stress of getting my loan. I was surprise because i was first fall a victim of scam! If you are interested of securing any loan amount & you are located in any country, I'll advise you can contact Mr Osman Loan Firm via email osmanloanserves@gmail.com

      LOAN APPLICATION INFORMATION FORM
      First name......
      Middle name.....
      2) Gender:.........
      3) Loan Amount Needed:.........
      4) Loan Duration:.........
      5) Country:.........
      6) Home Address:.........
      7) Mobile Number:.........
      8) Email address..........
      9) Monthly Income:.....................
      10) Occupation:...........................
      11)Which site did you here about us.....................
      Thanks and Best Regards.
      Derek Email osmanloanserves@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. Hi Louise, is your BP is local warranty by Lacta-equip? my bought mine US online, i heard Medela charge double for US set.

    What is the symptom of yr BP when it is not charging? is it the battery flashing with full bar?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mooi Yew
      My BP is bought and warranty locally. Not sure about the charges for US units though. But you can always check with the friendly service staff in Ampang branch.

      Mine was with the battery flashing while charging but not going up so it's not really charging at all.
      Let me know how it goes?

      Delete
  3. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com)Thank you


    LOAN APPLICATION FORM:
    =================
    Full Name:................
    Loan Amount Needed:.
    Purpose of loan:.......
    Loan Duration:..
    Gender:.............
    Marital status:....
    Location:..........
    Home Address:..
    City:............
    Country:......
    Phone:..........
    Mobile / Cell:....
    Occupation:......
    Monthly Income:....

    Contact Us At :urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My name is Ahmad Asnul Brunei, I contacted Mr Osman Loan Firm for a business loan amount of $250,000, Then i was told about the step of approving my requested loan amount, after taking the risk again because i was so much desperate of setting up a business to my greatest surprise, the loan amount was credited to my bank account within 24 banking hours without any stress of getting my loan. I was surprise because i was first fall a victim of scam! If you are interested of securing any loan amount & you are located in any country, I'll advise you can contact Mr Osman Loan Firm via email osmanloanserves@gmail.com

    LOAN APPLICATION INFORMATION FORM
    First name......
    Middle name.....
    2) Gender:.........
    3) Loan Amount Needed:.........
    4) Loan Duration:.........
    5) Country:.........
    6) Home Address:.........
    7) Mobile Number:.........
    8) Email address..........
    9) Monthly Income:.....................
    10) Occupation:...........................
    11)Which site did you here about us.....................
    Thanks and Best Regards.
    Derek Email osmanloanserves@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete